Media Item Details


© ALB0003

All content appearing on this digital archive are either copyrighted or under our custodianship. All rights are reserved. Contact us if you would like to make use of material for use rights or permission.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Original_filename KWC_20170227_5355.tif
Credit Line Kingswood College / Kingswood Historic Photographs/CON0002/ALB0005
Property Release PR-NON
Ingestion_path Kingswood College Digital Archive/Kingswood College Images/Photographic Prints/CON0002/ALB0005
Branded_id 1333_165
Dpi 300
Description Rugby 1970 Article 1: St. Andrew’s beat Kingswood In a hard, exciting match played on Gane Field, St. Andrew’s managed to defeat Kingswood by six points to three. St. Andrew’s left-wing, Womersley, went over for a good try in the 7th minute, when Gosling badly missed his tackle, to make the score 3-0. The conversion failed. Kingswood missed their chance of equalising when a penalty failed in the 18th minute. In spite of the excellent play by the I Kingswood centres, the good tackling of the St. Andrew’s back-line prevented them from scoring on several occasions. Halfway into the second half, the ball travelled along the St. Andrew’s back-line from a loose scrum to left-wing Womersley, who again beat Gosling to score his second try. The conversion failed. Shortly afterwards, from a set scrum in the St. Andrew’s 25, the Kingswood fly-half Wellington cross-kicked. Bennett failed to gather the ball for St. Andrew’s, and the speedy Kingswood left-wing, D. van Niekerk, went over near the comer. The conversion failed. It was a spectacular game, played as rugby should be played, with two well-matched sides each just waiting for the other to make a mistake. Article 2: St Andrew's triumph ST ANDREW’S … 6 kingswood … 3 GRAHAMSTOWN. — St Andrew’s beat Kingswood 6-3 in a good, hard fought game. St Andrew’s opened the score, with a good try after ten minutes with a full line movement and Womersley, on the left wing, went over to score far out. The conversion attempt failed. Both sides played good rugby and came near to scoring on numerous occasions, but at half time the score remained at 3-0. Kingswood tried hard to equalise in the second half and only determined tackling by St Andrew’s kept them out. St Andrew’s scored their second try when Womersley went over after a good movement. The Conversion kick again failed. Kingswood came back strongly. A cross-kick by fly-half Wellington was followed up by D. van Niekerk on the left wing, who fell on the ball as it crossed the line.
Collections ALB0003
Imported 1510944282
Keywords sepia photo, 1970, sports, match, game
Model Release MR-NON
Browse_path Kingswood College Digital Archive/Kingswood College Images/Photographic Prints/CON0002/ALB0005
Creation_date 2017-02-27T10:28:35
Media Id 1333_165
Populated 1
Media Type image
Pixel Size 2677 x 1506
Orientation panoramic
Royalty Free no
Credit_line Kingswood College / Kingswood Historic Photographs/CON0002/ALB0005
Property_release PR-NON
Model_release MR-NON
Media_id 1333_165
Media_type image
Pixel_size 2677 x 1506
Royalty_free no